To post your own work for feedback, submit to:

7/25/2009

The Bubble Market

What are you going to do when you get dripped on?
You know, that mysterious midtown flesh-water that splatters onto your face
You have no clue what it is and you can’t control it.
What do you think about that Mr. Broke Stockbroker?
How’s that for a goddamn bonus?
That one drop of water, just hoping has an illness that will wrap you up for days.
You’ll sneeze and have to get some of that Claritin or Zicam shit.
I don’t mean you harm- or at least I hope I don’t. Maybe I do. I can’t really tell.

Oh wait, yes I can. You think you deserve everything. And while you downsize to a real apartment from your penthouse in the vodka martini sky- just think of who you’ve dripped on. Slipped on. ripped out. Taken out. Stumbled onto. Crushed on your way to the top.

The balance sheets have finally been corrected.
As for me, I have an umbrella.
And it was only an air conditioner, relax.

No comments: