To post your own work for feedback, submit to:

7/24/2009

Off The Track

I’ve had a large redeye today, two waffles
And a pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese.
The dear couldn’t even slice it down the middle.
Who goes the extra mile nowadays? I don’t know.
I’m jittery and there’s a mountain of goo in my stomach ready to seep
Out, out into a great abyss of chunky pink fluid. I love puddles.
Racing minds, racing horses.
Curlin did it again. He made more money than you in half-a lifetime and he’s a horse.
Of course.

Caffeine dancers in my head like champagne bubbles rising to the surface on New Year’s Eve.
Great- another year to fuck everything up. Muck everything up. And do it all again. Keep promising everyone and yourself to lose 10 lbs and get laid and make a million dollars- without pyramid schemes this time around. Who the hell listens anymore? Who the hell cares? All I want to do is lay in bed and watch television until my brain rots and I can complain I never had the chance to do better. I think I should’ve used lie instead- I always hated grammar- fuck punctuation too- It’s going out of style, unlike your Blahniks. The only time I ever considered being a girl was to wear the shoes. Maybe one day, though. I have no expectations about it or of you and yet you’ve exceeded them

Good job- you would like a medal? A shiny one?
With ribbons of cerulean and shiny magenta. I think that’s what the drag-queens wear in Chelsea. Or I hope they do. It seems they might. Fierce ones they are.
Racing minds race horses grab a betting ticket and be the lucky person who never tried and makes it bigger than the Harvard grad. Besides, you deserve it.

No comments: